domenica 10 giugno 2012

High fidelity has a name and surname

Years ago I spent much time at the record store and listened to everything, stacks and stacks of vinyl records of all kinds.It worked in this way ': Tuesdays' coming all the fresh new music releases, and with colleagues DJs and friends discussed the sound or the "strength" of such a production, the labels were strong brands.We politely disputed a subtle war for get "the gem" of the moment, I remember less genres and subgenres, in the 90's there were just the 'House and Techno music, both with all possible combinations of refinement or power.What a well-being with our old Lira!8 of vinyl purchased at least 2 were taken because of the enthusiasm of the moment. At the second listening those 2 discs ended inexorably into the hut of the "swindle" ... years later, I put some junk recordings  in a garbage bag and I've "hidden the bodies".With experience, I realized one of the mistakes made, or the charm of the name written on the covers, some colleagues who were buying records without even hearing them ... ah well! too often we have fallen into the trap of the fascination of the "name".From that moment I no longer read-name titles and labels on the discs that I listened, I was only interested in what he said my left ear, finally free to collect and use only the disks that I had instinctively hit, anyway that was a good choice, it was more meritocratic.But there are always artists who have an edge over the other, and if you fall in love at the end of a record are going to remember the name of the man who did it.Here I will only talk about dj and club culture, and people and records of this "niche", that you like it or not, have affected and infected by at least 40 years of music also so-called "mass" genres.Learn to trust your ear, forget reviews and recommendations about the music, which like it or not will always remain relevant personnel.And just for the spirit of contradiction to the above, let me make a name:
Axel Boman, a guy that make clever records.



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...